The following posting guidelines are in place to ensure the groups run smoothly for the benefit of everyone. Please be familiar with them *before* posting, as messages that don't comply will be returned to you for amending, or may be deleted.
All items posted must be free, legal and appropriate for all ages
- No swaps, bartering, borrowing, sales or trading
- No mention of payment, postage or delivery charges in posts
- No street/backlane/skip sightings
- No WANTEDs for copyright material on electronic media; OFFERs must declare 'original'
- No posts for tickets, vouchers, coupons, etc.
- No posts for animals or humans; only specific, tangible items
- No references to charities, voluntary organisations, hardships, etc.
Respect our posting etiquette
- First post should be an OFFER
- Format subject line correctly (e.g. OFFER/TAKEN: item 'your location')
- No chat posts, corrections, or follow-ups other than TAKEN/RECEIVED
- Do not type in all-capitals or text-speak
- Use ONE consistent location in ALL posts – the area where you live, irrespective of group
- Combine OFFERs into one post, WANTEDs in another
- Avoid 'wishlists'
- Do not choose 'no email' or 'web only' email delivery options
- No offensive or multiple IDs/memberships
- Don't let anyone else use your account
Support your 'home' group
- Make initial use of your nearest group, followed by nearest neighbouring group
- Do not post the same message to more than one group within 48-hours
- Do not repost a WANTED within a month, OFFER within a week, or delete posts
Respect other members and Mods
- No contacting members for any reason other than in direct response to their post
- No personal information or non-registered email addresses, tel. numbers, etc. in group posts
- No forwarding messages to non-members
- Declare any intention of reselling
- Check for a TAKEN/RECEIVED post *before* contacting a member
- Never use an auto-responder on an email list
- Be polite and respectful, meet when arranged or inform if you become unavailable
- Try to adopt a 'Fair Offer Policy'
Above all, please remember that Freegle is a 'no strings attached' recycle gifting scheme open to anyone regardless of health, wealth and social standing; it is a place to pass on still-usable items which may otherwise end up in landfill.